I embossed a sheet of sticky back metal, In error I did it the wrong way round and ended up with a de-bossed sheet.
Rather than starting again I used the sticky side.
Once dry I turned it over and covered the back filling any de-bossed parts. From previous experience this is a must. It prevents the embossed image getting pressed back to being flat through general handling.
I then covered the tin with the A/Spackle, levelling the top because it had the Quic kuts logo embossed onto it making it uneven.
Using a black Adirondack dauber I roughly painted the surface, wiping away the excess before it had time to dry. This gives the old weathered look. Allowing everything to dry is what took the most time. I glued the metal cover onto the tin, again having to let it dry before adding the grosgrain ribbon around the cover to stop any sharp bits catching fingers later. I rubbed over the ribbon with the silver dauber, again to high light the texture. I attached some cogs, in keeping with the embossed image.
And Hey Presto
My new old tin.
Artful Times Blog Challenge